Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
Deliciously Satisfying Chocolate Cake
Chocolate cake best served with a mug of your favourite herbal tea and a large tablespoon of greek yoghurt. A healthy indulgence, has to be shared.
300 g unsalted butter , plus extra for greasing
300 g gluten-free plain flour , plus extra for dusting
200g coconut sugar
4 large free-range eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
6 tablespoons raw cacao
3 tablespoons oat milk
100g coconut sugar
4 tablespoons raw cacao
100 g unsalted butter
100 g cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas 5.
- Grease a cake tin and cover with baking paper
- In a bowl, beat the butter and coconut sugar for around 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Crack in the eggs, then mix in the vanilla extract until combined.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cacao powder into the bowl, then fold through. Add the oat milk and stir briefly until you have a nice, smooth batter.
- Carefully place mixture in cake tin and place on the middle shelf of the hot oven for 20 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, before turning the cakes out onto a wire cooling rack, then leave to cool completely while you make the icing.
Sieve the coconut sugar and cacao powder into a large bowl, then add the butter and beat until smooth. Stir in the cream cheese until combined.
Place icing onto to cake with wide flat knife and keep in fridge.