Coconut Chicken Soup
This soup is a firm favourite of my clients. This recipe was given to me by a Top Uk Chef who cooks for Luxury Health Spa Retreats. We have worked together on many food plans for Health Spas, and this has always been used again and again. Keeps you full and satisfied, especially for those hungrier days.
- 350g (12 oz) boneless, skinless chicken meat
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (400ml) tins coconut milk
- 450ml (16 fl oz) water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh root ginger
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
- handful chopped fresh coriander
- Cut chicken into thin strips and sauté in oil for to 2 to 3 minutes until the chicken turns white.
- In a pot, bring coconut milk and water to the boil. Reduce heat. Add chicken, ginger, fish sauce, lime juice, cayenne and turmeric. Simmer until the chicken is done, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with spring onions and fresh coriander and serve steaming hot.