Cream of Broccoli Soup
Anti-inflammatory/Gut Healing Soup
This soup is one of my favourites and is delicious for all the family. If you don't like coconut milk, you can replace with chicken stock or just add a little coconut cream at the end for a thicker taste.
To serve as a meal add 2 tbsps of mixed pumpkin seeds and an extra dollop of live yoghurt or coconut yoghurt, just before serving. Serve, with my paleo bread slices (see recipe) with a smothering of organic nut butter.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 cups chopped spinach, kale, turnip greens, collards or swiss chard
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth or organic chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (optional)
- In large soup pan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and sauté the green onions and garlic for 1-2 minutes, until translucent.
- Stir in the chopped broccoli. Sauté until the broccoli turns bright green, stirring frequently.
- Add the basil and additional chopped greens. Cover and steam-sauté for 3-4 more minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a food processor or blender. If using a blender, process in two batches. Add a little coconut milk and process until smooth.
- Transfer the pureed vegetables back to the pot and add the remaining coconut milk and the chicken broth, salt and curry. Reheat gently over medium heat and stir. Serve.